1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Or Egg Nog with a leetle Kahlua.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa is MUCH more coordinated than I am. (Me, gift bag queen.)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? The tree, she is white. House lights are my husband's fault.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not so far.
5. When do you put up your decorations? First week in December - small boys will wait no longer!!
6. What is your favorite Holiday (Christmas or Thanksgiving) meal include? Turkey, sweet potatoes, oyster casserole, corn bread stuffing, pecan pie.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going sledding on my new sled (I was sixish)- the whole world was brand new snow and it felt like I was the only one on the hill...wheeee!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Yes, Virginia, Santa doesn't floss. There. I said it. My mother finally broke down and told me last year. Besides that - lalalalala I can't heeeer you!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was growing up, we each could pick one gift to open. My kids get teeny gifts (like matchbox cars and trial size shampoo - that small) left in their rooms when they wake up the ten days before Christmas - those are gifts from the elves.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Mish mash - many many many ornaments from my childhood and now my kids things. Would love to have a 'decorator' tree (maybe pick a color? One color?) but then I see the china angel bell from '84 and the calico cat ornament that was my first and how could I not put those things up?
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? So pretty to look at - so horrible to be out in!
12. Can you ice skate? HELL NO. See #11.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?Easy Peasy. Christmas Day 1999. My engagement ring.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?Laughing and talking with my family and passing on traditions.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Panettone bread - its an italian sweet bread with little pieces of candied fruit and walnuts in it. I'm drooling a little now.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around Christmas Eve to look at the lights, then singing in church with the candles flickering - and watching the family the next morning, everyone giggling and happy.
17. What tops your tree? We have an angel but she's seen better days - I think we may get a star this year.
18. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells or I'll Be Home For Christmas (although it makes me cry!)
Steal it, use it, whoever wants it.