1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
1. Ooof, these are heavy. (How has my night-table not caved in?)
2. Book #1 - It's not ordinary for a bare-chested man wearing jaguar teeth and owl feathers to grace the pages of The New Yorker, but these are not ordinary times. - Biomimicry, Janine Benyus
3. Book #2 - 'You'd better get it out of the way before the children see it.' - Going Solo, Roald Dahl
4. Book #3 - 'I am angry nearly every day of my life, Jo; but I have learned not to show it; and I still hope to learn not to feel it, though it may take me another forty years to do so.' - Little Women, L.M. Alcott
5. Book #4 - The next day he came out wearing a long rubber glove and a bowler hat. - Mama Makes Up Her Mind, Bailey White
6. Book #5 - You would have sworn that round the snowy cliffs you could hear crashing chords of Beethoven echoing in the wind. - Slay-Ride, Dick Francis
I know this has already been around once, but I didn't do it then! I tag all y'all who want to play.