Saturday 1 March 2008

the beginning of march

Yes, it's muddy. But the bikes need to go outside.

The floodplain behind us, now frozen.

The edge of the floodplain. You may need to click on this to see it, but there's a gigantic piece of ice in the tree where the high water line was.


And along the edges of the river, bits of ice sparkle like diamonds.

Pretty, huh? It snowed again today.

There's been a lot in the papers lately about border fences. In the case of the US and Canada, I don't really believe we need them - 'cept maybe for all your snow, which we'd appreciate it if you just KEPT. Thanks, and all that.

7 comments:

BabelBabe said...

can you at least skate on the floodplain?

Jess said...

Well, you know, I probably could.

If I could skate, that is.

jAMiE said...

Lovely photos, as always!

I left something for you on my blog...when you get the chance, stop by and pick it up, k.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, Miss Canadian? Um, I think it's YOUR snow in OUR yard. ;-)

Jennefer said...

Gorgeous photos. I love spring.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

If I had that much snow in my yard in March, I'd be homicidal.

meggie said...

I can only see one photo- the last.
Blogger must have eaten them?

Go your Mum, good for her!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...