Tuesday 25 March 2008

not always the most brilliant mom

A few days ago, the sun was shining, the tang of spring was in the air, and I was sure it was just around the corner.

Time to hunt out the sandals and summer shoes from their hiding places, to get out the big bags of summer clothes stored for the winter, to begin the exchanging process and start deciding what clothes we keep for next year and which are going to be outgrown.

After 'liberating' the shoes from their long winters' nap, the kids were clamoring to wear them. I'm as tired of winter boots as they are, so this wasn't too big a stretch, and everyone chose a pair.

Except....Cass came home from school with a frown. 'I think we might have jumped the season, Mom. My crocs were great outside for first recess, but second recess Mrs. S saw me playing on the ice and sent me inside.

Whoops.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Crocs don't get great traction on the ice.

alison said...

My girls went to school today in new spring dresses.... but with thick tights and snow boots. Gotta love spring in Canada.

I wonder if you could get spiked crocs, for ice traction.

Sue said...

I'm with you, I'm so tired of the winter we're screaming to get the warmer clothing on. My daughter also wore crocs to school today.

After snow, though, we're usually dealing with lots of MUD around our house. Ugh.

Unknown said...

LOL, I'm sure her toes were cold by then :)

Christy said...

My kids won't wear coats and the teachers think I'm negligent.

Even if they wear them out of the house, they won't wear them in to school.

Anonymous said...

My mother used to send us to school wearing shoes but by the time we arrived we were carrying the shoes and skidding on the frost in bare feet.

Anonymous said...

And we're supposed to get an additional two inches tonight. When? Will? This? Be? Over?

KJ said...

Our Canadian relatives said they just had snow... I'm just glad we live in CA, because my kid refuses to wear anything BUT crocs. Every day. For the last 7 months. Before that it was sandals, good thing we lived in FL for that stage.

angelfeet said...

You see, I think that's definitely the failing of the crocs, rather than the parent. Perhaps someone will invent winter crocs

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...