Monday 3 March 2008

not to sound like britney

But y'all, I am so excited. (obligatory hair flip)

I was talking to the human resources lady today at the hospital (she was telling me I didn't get a position I interviewed for: Boo hiss, but not really unexpected news...) and she brought up the fact that in order to go anywhere with the job I'm currently in (aka gettin' on the permanent payroll) I need to have a Medical Terminology course.

(I had to stop and think a few minutes before I could think of a time I've had a medical term thrown at me in the course of work that I haven't known. Computer codes, yes, but odd medical terms? Nu-uh. Because my job isn't on the diagnosing side of things. My job is to order lab tests. Tests from other departments. Not diagnoses. This is clearly bureaucratic overkill. )

But! I digress! Back to the excited bit!

I am, at the ripe auld age of thoity-seeks going back to school! (Okay, it's a distance course, and I'll be taking it over the computer, but hey! I'm buying a new pencil case and a couple of cool folders anyway!)

So slap my ass and buy me a bag of Cheetos! I done be doing it one more time!

19 comments:

BabelBabe said...

oh, groan, you poor woman. it's all Latin roots, blah blah blah. It'll be CAKE for you, at least.

M&Co. said...

Oh how exciting! Where are you going to do this on-line? Margaret

Vanessa said...

You go, and being that you already know most of the terms, the class should be a breeze for you. YAY!

Anonymous said...

school supplies. yum. I'm jealous.

Jennefer said...

I took a medical transcriptionist course and learned that stuff. It isn't too bad.

Sarah said...

The added benefit of taking the course is that you'll watch TV medical shows and be able to razz the actors' terminology mistakes.

meggie said...

Hooray for you! I loved taking courses once I was 'grown-up'.
Good luck with it all.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

My, my, it does sound a bit like Excessus bureaucratis. Or perhaps Daysgobyus againus. Have fun though. Best wishes from the squirrel (Eatus Nutus).

tut-tut said...

Yes, it should be easy, but just one more thing to do of course . . .

Anonymous said...

Keep on keepin' on, sistah! Take that course and let nothing stop you from getting that job that you want. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Is that sort of like butter my buns and call me Ethel?

Namaste.

Phil

DD said...

It should only take a semester, right?

Here's one of my fave's: FDP FIB DEBR PROD

You've got 5 seconds to tell me WTF is this? Yes, it's really in my lab system.

Christy said...

School is so much better sober!

(I went back to school after marriage/kids and found that without partying, I was smart!)

Miss the panty raids, though...

alison said...

That's so cool! Have fun with it. Yay!

molly said...

Loved the new pencils at the start of every school year. And don't forget to put neat covers on all those new books!

Unknown said...

Good luck, that's gonna be hectic, but very rewarding!

Mr Lady said...

I seeth with jealousy. And am super excited for you!

Unknown said...

That's great! I love school, especially the new supplies. Don't forget I'm in grad. school so if you need any pushing from a friend let me know!

Leaking Moonlight said...

(Hey, catching up.)

I think it's great.

And if it makes you feel saner, once we are back on our feet, this 49 year old is getting her behind back to some postgraduate schooling. I hope to make those children among my fellow students feel, um, shrinkingly inadequate.

You do that too.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...