Saturday 15 March 2008

salutations

Rosey's friend P turned four today - Happy Birthday, P! - and Rosey went to a pizza party to celebrate.

It was a lovely party - four girls, three moms, a dad, a grandmother and a grandfather - the perfect size for one long table, lots of root beer, and pizza.

Oh, and blowy horns. And cake. Ice cream cake.



'That was fun, Mama' said Miss Rosey on the way home. 'I love P.'

It's funny-strange to see her making friends, to think that these girls that laughed and giggled and blew horns at each other and chased balloons on strings could possibly be hanging out in my livingroom a few years from now, watching tv and talking shorthand about boys and teachers and lip gloss.

Or maybe they won't, but I'll still have the pictures of when they were terrific friends - on the day beautiful P had her fourth birthday.

5 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

Blowy horns AND icecream cake?? Doesn't get much better than that.

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Rosey (a day late)!

I have a silly song in my head from my own childhood pizza parties. It's the theme song for a game called "Pizza Party".

Party! Pizza Party

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post.

meggie said...

I was lucky enough to grow up in the same small town, & kept my friends from my young days. Some of them are still friends, though we live hundreds of miles apart, we keep in touch.

Sarah said...

The two girls are absolutely precious. And they can teach us so much.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...