Sunday 30 March 2008

six small words that mean a big thing

I am very honored to know Julia. And I love it when she tags me with things.


1) Write your own six word memoir;
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like;
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere;
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links; and
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!


It sounds great, doesn't it? Major B even came up with a great one - poignant, strong, short and sweet.

Mostly happy, with bouts of blue.

But I - I choke on this. My feeling is that (while I'm not claiming additional personalities) my life has been cut into chunks - by space, time, situation - and I've been a very different person in each.

So I started to look around. Y'know, the tagline for this blog is six words - This is not my beautiful house - but while I love the song (and its assorted meanings) it's a bit mournful for a memoir.

The Mommy in me wants to assert herself with these:

  • Put your coat away - and boots! Blah.
  • I love you, goodnight, sleep tight! Hum - and it's not expressive of me, at all.
  • Learning new and exotic things everyday. Now I sound like a Wild Kingdom commercial.
Wife-me? Any ideas?
  • Holy crap, this is hard. Who're you?
  • So glad we're together. Kids bathed?
  • Sometimes I love you. Sometimes...not.
Ah, good. Thanks.

Okay, this is harder than I thought. Free-thinking.

  • Southern girl finds love up north. I'm not really Southern, and that sounds like a first-year journalism headline.
  • Be polite. Granny, who let you in? And it's not the right amount of words.
So many of these six word sentences come out in my head sounding like I'm playing the Acronym game. Clunky, and just a little odd.

O-kay. Back at it.

  • Creating new lives as she goes. No.
  • I am not as I appear. Ooh, I like that! Except it sounds like it should be followed with 'I'm actually your step-sister's masseuse's long-lost cousin from Upper Chesapeake!
and on and on.

Finally (what is it about memes that take so long?!?) I found something. Something that resonated with me - a little mysterious, but still blunt and honest and easy to read.


  • Pictures fail to tell the story.
I like that.

Has everyone been tagged? No? Okay, if you haven't, then you are now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your final choice. Very telling.

Stephanie mama drama said...

You are SO more than six little words, my friend!!

meggie said...

That is very very good!

Anonymous said...

I love it. (And I'm jealous that you know Julia.)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Wow. Tough assignment. Enjoyed almost all your slogans.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Major Bedhead said...

Oooh, excellent, Jess.


I've been a bad blog reader lately. I can't seem to find the time.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...