1) Write your own six word memoir;
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like;
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere;
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links; and
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
It sounds great, doesn't it? Major B even came up with a great one - poignant, strong, short and sweet.
Mostly happy, with bouts of blue.
But I - I choke on this. My feeling is that (while I'm not claiming additional personalities) my life has been cut into chunks - by space, time, situation - and I've been a very different person in each.
So I started to look around. Y'know, the tagline for this blog is six words - This is not my beautiful house - but while I love the song (and its assorted meanings) it's a bit mournful for a memoir.
The Mommy in me wants to assert herself with these:
- Put your coat away - and boots! Blah.
- I love you, goodnight, sleep tight! Hum - and it's not expressive of me, at all.
- Learning new and exotic things everyday. Now I sound like a Wild Kingdom commercial.
- Holy crap, this is hard. Who're you?
- So glad we're together. Kids bathed?
- Sometimes I love you. Sometimes...not.
Okay, this is harder than I thought. Free-thinking.
- Southern girl finds love up north. I'm not really Southern, and that sounds like a first-year journalism headline.
- Be polite. Granny, who let you in? And it's not the right amount of words.
O-kay. Back at it.
- Creating new lives as she goes. No.
- I am not as I appear. Ooh, I like that! Except it sounds like it should be followed with 'I'm actually your step-sister's masseuse's long-lost cousin from Upper Chesapeake!
Finally (what is it about memes that take so long?!?) I found something. Something that resonated with me - a little mysterious, but still blunt and honest and easy to read.
- Pictures fail to tell the story.
Has everyone been tagged? No? Okay, if you haven't, then you are now!