Sunday 8 December 2019

Yarn over and over

Someone, an old babysitter maybe, taught me to crochet when I was six. I remember making long braided loops of yarn and thinking how pretty it was. Then, like kids do, I charged forth into something else and forgot all about the flash of the hook and the way the colours fell from my hands. I tried to knit a few years ago. HA! The two sticks made me stabby. I managed to make lots of knots before completely losing my patience with the whole enterprise and hurling the knobbly bits into the trash. And that should have been the end of it, except.... Except I remembered the hook, and started watching videos and puzzling out stitches. I’m not particularly good at it (being left-handed, and also clumsy) and it’s slow, frustrating going, but I’m ....I’ve got a Christmas project on the go now, and I want to finish it. Knot so bad for an old girl.

No comments:

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...