Thursday 24 April 2008

sick in love

Today I picked up my new glasses.

This July, I'm going to be in Niagara Falls for a few days to attend a small blogger convention - the Blog Friends Festival. (Wanna come? Please come!) So, of course, I need great glasses and a haircut. (Yes, I'm aware that the haircut won't last until July. This way I can find something I love -and- bonus! figure out how to do it before I get there.)

I scored on the glasses.

My last pair was six years old. They were purchased right after the Harry Potter round specs fad finally went out, so they were rounded rectangular, a pinky-coppery metal, and designed so they didn't show up so much. Here. See? Unobtrusive.

Not so these. My new glasses are not shy. They are forward-thinking and opinionated, and if you ask, they will tell you what they think.
Or at least that's how I feel in them. Smart and sassy.

And I am sick in love with them. They are maroon. With bling. And curlicues. These are the first not-so-serious glasses I think I've ever had, and I love them. To the point of being gushy.

Bear smiled. 'I like your new glasses.' he said.

I launched into the Loving Of The Specs, Part One: 'Did you see the bling? On the sides? And they're red! And they make me feel smaht! And did you see the blinginess of them?'

He looked a little bewildered. 'Bling?"

I waved my hand at the side of my face. 'The crystals! On the temples! They look so cool!'
(Coming from a woman who is so indifferent about jewelry I often don't wear my wedding ring, this is a big change.)



Mine are maroon-red, and the bling on the side? Much blindier.

I smiled all day. Aren't they yummy?

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Linda said...

I waaaants them, Precious!

blackbird said...

Wow! Face jewelry.

Anonymous said...

They are beyond yummy! They are scrumpdili-icious.

Angewl said...

WHERE'S THE PIC OF YOU WEARING THEM? HUH?

Loth said...

Wow. Almost make me wish I wore glasses!

Suse said...

Like, totally sick, dude.

And very blingy.

Sue said...

Neato! They do have spunk and attitude!

Woman in a Window said...

They are beautiful. Truly. I once almost had myself convinced I needed glasses so that I might get to enjoy the pull-on-personality of whatever you choose. Alas, DAMNED 20/20! I had been alergic to the eye makeup I was wearing at the time. Your glasses say, "I am Me, get outta my way!" don't break them while rockin out in your car, dude.

Badger said...

I WANT NEW GLASSES. My DH just got some cool new hipster glasses. YOU just got some cool new hipster glasses. My glasses are at least 4 years old and I can't read street signs with them and I WANT SOME NEW ONES RIGHT NOW.

Ahem.

Jess said...

Ang - After I get A) the new haircut and B) new batteries for the camera. I tried last night but all I could get were vague reddish images - batteries are WAY low.

molly said...

Snazzy specs! And Niagara Falls? There's an outside chance I could be there then! That's the Frozen North where my OC has his cave away from home!

M&Co. said...

Oh I love those! I need some new glasses. Maybe I should get some bling. I too wear so little jewerly that I often forget to wear my wedding ring.

trinity67 said...

Very yummy.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

1 - LOVE the glasses.

2 - A blogger fest in Niagara Falls? Oh, I am SO THERE!

3 - would LOVE to see a picture of you WEARING your new blingy glasses. Please?

Josie said...

Your new glasses are gorgeous!!
Found you via Jen :)

Vanessa said...

Oh I LOVE those glasses! Fabulous choice!

Woman in a Window said...

Thanks for the "sorry". So strange that these words from someone I don't really "know" mean so much, but they do. thanks.

kittenpie said...

You're coming to BFF? You don't have to get all fancy for us, girl. God knows I won't be, gien how ginormous I'm likely to be by then... But then, Sandra is always gorgy, so there is that to deal with.

tut-tut said...

We are all glasses wearers around here. And how cute are you!!

Sarah said...

Whoa! They are soooo cool!

MsCellania said...

Very, very cool.

zoloft mom said...

look what happens when i don't visit for a while. you get all kinds of new friends! look at all your comments! so popular! i'm very impressed.

i just got new glasses, too. with bling! can you believe it? something must be in the air...

Major Bedhead said...

ooh, I can't wait to see them!

I just got new specs, but mine aren't nearly as coooooool.

MP said...

please email me at bbmp6685@gmail.com and tell me where you got those glasses.. I totally love them and just so happen to be in the market for a new pair!!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...