Sunday 20 April 2008

bouquets on the desk-top

an electronic map of this site:
All credit to the Aussie Geek, as I saw this on his site as I surfed by

HTML DOM visualization legend:
blue: for links (the A tag)
red: for tables (TABLE, TR and TD tags)
green: for the DIV tag
violet: for images (the IMG tag)
yellow: for forms (FORM, INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT and OPTION tags)
orange: for linebreaks and blockquotes (BR, P, and BLOCKQUOTE tags)
black: the HTML tag, the root node
gray: all other tags

They're all beautiful - here's a sitemap for a fledgling little poetry site with only fifteen entries. This one's so pretty I could frame it...




want one? Use this

7 comments:

Angewl said...

Oh... pretty...

Angewl said...

How do I put mine on my blog? I'm clueless.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Can you imagine these as mobiles?

DD said...

I LOVE this! And you should frame them. Why not?

Christy said...

I don't really understand this, but I love the idea...

I'll try it.

Thanks!

Jess said...

Ang - you have to make a screenshot and save it to your computer.

(because the usual right click-save doesn't work.)

To do that you have to be looking at what you want to save, then press the ALT key and the Print Screen key (may be marked PrntScrn, is usually in line with the numbers keys.)
Then open Paint.
When you open paint and get a blank screen, select paste and your screen will appear.

You may want to put it through your photo editing program to crop if you want or brighten.

Hope this helps - if not shoot me an email!

Thanks everyone! Weren't they BEAUTIFUL as they grew and unfolded?

And Christy, don't worry. I speak only a smattering of geek and don't understand it all, either. I think it goes through the HTML code for your site and picks out everytime you used a command.

Jennefer said...

Those look cool, but they remind me too much of the Database diagrams I have to design for school. Not pretty.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...