Tuesday 15 April 2008

behind all the sickness

Both chilluns still sick. Both stayed home (cue sound of hair being torn out) and were rambunctious and fractious and ready-to-go-back.
Or so we thought until nine pm tonight, when Rosey woke up with a full-volume wail and then vomited copiously over everything in a five foot radius. (Me, the cat, her floor)

Her fever has been flashing on and off like a neon sign in Vegas and after trying her on Gravol the down-the-throat way (she threw that up on the dog - why yes, I have been bathing everything and one in sight, why?) we pulled out the big guns and used the suppositories.

We've used them before on her, but this time I had to explain the whole thing. And she hated it. (Of course, wouldn't you?) And after I helped her pull up her pants and she'd given me a long, cool look of derision she trotted off to the livingroom to tell her father what horrible, degenerate thing her mother had forced her to go through...

'Daddy! I had to have a suppose-story! She (complete with pointing outraged finger) did it!'

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember my mom using one of those on me. One thing I know is that it worked. So feel good about it.

Angewl said...

I hope Miss. Rosey is feeling better.

Had to laugh at the suppose-story.

Unknown said...

LOL! I love the suppose-story :) It's a mission when kids get older to use them, but they work like a bomb!
Hope she's feeling better today.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Only you could make a suppose-story so funny. You make it sound like sick kids are fun. Bless you for your patience, love and sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

There's a Grand Manan joke about a man who was prescribed suppositories and the doctor subsequently asked him how they worked.
He said for all the good they did him, he may as well have shoved them up his arse.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, poor you, poor Rosey. I hope today is better.

Dr.John said...

Sounds like a fairly typical day for a parent . The only odd thing is she hit the cat. You have a slow cat. They usually get out of the line of fire.
It will get better for a time. How come you get stuck with the hard jobs?

Stomper Girl said...

How awful! And yet, you made it funny. And dr. john just cracked me up.

beagle said...

You make even the worst days include a smile. That's impressive.

alison said...

Poor Rosey. Poor Mommy. I laughed at the suppose-story. No wonder she was outraged. Hang in there, they'll get all better soon.

molly said...

I'd be outraged too,if I wasn't laughing so hard! At you, at Witchypoo and at Dr. John.... Isn't it true that the most important thing to have in your parenting arsenal is a healthy sense of humour?

M&Co. said...

Poor Rosey! But more to the point, poor YOU!

bettygram said...

What a tough time. Better to laugh than cry. Hope all are well soon.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...