Tuesday 3 March 2009

tequila sunrise

Despite the enthusiastic response at home, the hair is garnering mixed reviews in public.
I had forgotten that I was to begin acting as Board Secretary for the church, and so spent tonight sitting in front of twelve or so older-than-me people who spent two hours staring at my head.

They didn't say 'Whippersnapper', but it was in the air.

I probably won't go this bright again - strictly because I keep catching sight of myself and thinking 'Wow, that's some bold hair! Oh, wait....that's me, isn't it?' - but it's a hoot watching people's eyes slide up and down and try to avoid being caught gawking.

Especially when they're probably wondering secretly what on earth possessed me.

But I still love it.

6 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

I think it is AWESOME, but then I've already told you that. I'd do blue streaks in mine if I wasn't dirt poor.

molly said...

I do too! It has a kalidescopic quality to it. Plus, it shines!

witchypoo said...

Ahh, poke em if they can't take a joke. Do the crazy hair as long as you love it. It's YOUR hair.

Patty said...

You are still YOU no matter what color your hair is. Got to be shocking once in a while, just to see if people are paying attention!

Stomper Girl said...

I LoooooooooooooooooVE your hair. I love that you're shocking the oldies too.

kittenpie said...

That is great! You should totally kep it. I can't really tell from the picture, but I bet it is great with those burgundy glasses of yours, too.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...