Okay, am in a mutter-y, peevish mood here, so bear with me....
Five things I am NOT grateful for, small or big:
1. Dora's growing up. I will be the first to admit she bothers me (shhhh! Did your parents raise you in a barn?? STOP YELLING EVERYTHING!!!) but whisking her into puberty and making her grow up and go urban? Seems to be against everything she's been for so far.
First we go...behind the garbage dumpster, over the sidewalk, through the intersection......
2. Door-to-door insurance salespeople. I can't imagine there's a great return on this. Yes, please walk into my home, wake my (waning-cold-sick) daughter up, and then spend forty minutes telling me about something I told you I didn't want within two minutes of you coming through the door.
3. How I can't keep the house warm like B does. The wood stove? She no likey me.
4. Having to read bad books, just in case there's some redeeming twist at the end.
5. Daylight Savings Time. Sucks. The end.
Things that are brightening my spirit today:
1. Cass made me a bead necklace at school the other day. I have Mom jewelry.
2. The old oak tree outside the window - it filters the light and I can see the birds...
3. Oven roasted tomatoes.
4. Teaching the two tic-tac-toe and thumbprint drawing*.
5. Coke floats. Guess what's for dessert tonight?
*I have no idea what the actual name of this is - where you ink your thumb, press your thumb to paper, then draw in whiskers and a tail or whatever, using the thumbprint as the base of your doodle.