Friday 13 March 2009

hollywood science

Cass and his father were discussing nature this morning.

C: And then when it's winter, the mosquitoes hibernate!

B: Is that right, Jess?

Me: Um, I think? The larvae do.

B: (To Cass) You are so smart!

C: Yeah, mosquitoes have been around since the dinosaurs. (B is beaming at his boy by now, the waves of pride radiating off him. His brilliant kid!!) They used to bite the dinosaurs and suck their blood.

B: (Glow dimming) Oh...uh....okay. I guess.

C: And then when the dinosaurs would die, the blood in them would explode! And then it would turn kind of golden! And they'd be buried underground, and if you were very lucky, you might find one.....

B: (to me) ?????

Me: He IS smart. But that's from Jurassic Park. Next week, he'll be an expert on robotics.

B: As long as they all look like C3PO.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be worse.

No, really. It could be. ;-)

If it wasn't funny.

crazymumma said...

Those be some tuff mosquitoes.

i wonder what on earth they see in their heads wehn they say that stuff. Dontcha wish you could crawl in there and see?

Woman in a Window said...

heh, I recognized that wisdom. From my same sources.

kittenpie said...

Hoo boy, the stuff onouter space should get REALLY fun!

Anonymous said...

At least you know he pays attention and retains information!! I can't say the same for most of my teen-aged students.

Caro said...

Thanks for the giggle.

Suzanne said...

Thanks, Hollywood, for detouring all these kids from a life of scientific knowledge! LOL

Anonymous said...

thanks for the laugh. i love these sorts of discussions.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Maybe he'll make a GIRL robot.*

OK, that might be more appropriate in 10 or so years...

The girl robot thing is from one of the Citicard Identity Theft commercials. Dunno if you guys have those up north. Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about and I'll send you the link.

Stomper Girl said...

Your Cass. He knows SO much! I am impressed.

I'm getting to the stage now when there's questions I can't answer ("How long would it take to build a 4 meter long road?) and it's tough.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...