Tuesday 2 May 2006

turn the tv OFF

I talked about our different television styles here, but now it has become glaringly obvious we were meant to be a two television family. Tonight....sigh. Tonight C couldn't sleep and came padding downstairs, hoping we'd let him watch television for awhile and he could score some ice cream while we somehow forgot he was there and let him stay up all night. (Well, a smallboy can dream, right?) He plonked his behind on the floor after the obligitory "But I had a bad dream!" conversation was over. The commercial ended, and theme music began to play. Three notes into it I heard his piping little voice say "Daddy, the A-Team is on!"

Wailing commenced...oh wait, that was me.

5 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

YOu know what's really weird? O has started coming in to the living room around 8 p.m., saying "I'm tired, I'm going to bed," with no prompting from me. What. So. Ever. It's almost as weird as The Boo just suddendly deciding she'd rather sleep in her crib, thanks, and no, she wasn't going to fuss.

Susan said...

Charlie likes to watch The West Wing with me, which I'm a little ambivalent about (it's not really a kids show, but it does teach good liberal values). He also likes to wander out during Sex and the City reruns and say, "Can I watch this with you?'

No. No. And NO.

Joke said...

My 8 y.o. son likes to stay up and read with me. He often stays up past his bedtime, but I let him skate on that.

-J.

Anonymous said...

I used to watch The Love Boat with my mom. It was on the one night I was allowed to stay awake past bedtime. I always hoped Charo would be one of the special guests. I was also allowed to watch Fantasy Island, but that show was too spooky for me so I'd go to bed. Staying up with my mom on those nights meant a lot to me.

Jess said...

Joke - Gee, it be nice if he wanted to read...unfortunately, he's at the stage where he can recognize...um...eight? letters and if left alone in his room with a light on and a stack of library books, wails "But I don't know the names!"

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...