Monday 1 May 2006

juicy fruit son

The Boy gets gum from his grandfather. Papa is famous for tucking it into C's pockets before he leaves - it's almost a ritual with them now, like my grandfather used to pull quarters out of my ears.

Today I went out in the kitchen and he was chomping away at a huge mouthful - at least four pieces.

Me: That's an awful lot of gum!
C (chewing frantically and trying not to drool) I need a lot, though.
M: (Giving the Mommy look) That much? Why?
C: For when I blow bubbles.
M: You don't know how to blow bubbles, though.
C: (eye roll - my kid is practicing to be a teenager) I need it for when you teach me, Mommy.

3 comments:

Sweet Coalminer said...

So sweet!

Jess said...

Been there, done that!!
Complete with screams of 'What did you do to my gum!! Where is it??'

Lily said...

We have so much to teach them. I totally forgot that blowing bubbles with gum is on the list!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...