Thursday 25 May 2006

must stop coming into work early

If you read the following after coffee, it's a deadly serious message.
If you read it before coffee in an early morning fug, it becomes a comedy about thin short people and weight loss.

SMALL ARMS ARE A BIG PROBLEM,SAYS THE UNITED CHURCH OF CANADA

Toronto: May 22-29, 2006, marks the Global Week of Action Against Small
Arms. It is time, says The United Church of Canada, to remember that
"God calls us to be peacemakers and reconcilers in a world of much
conflict and division."

Small arms are a big problem-not only for Canadian cities but also for
communities across the globe.

"With over 600 million small arms in circulation globally, we cannot close our eyes to the issue of small arms," says Choice Okoro, Program Coordinator for Human Rights and Reconciliation.

Earlier this month, Okoro wrote Prime Minister Stephen Harper, asking
him to stiffen the resolve of the Canadian delegation attending the June
26-July 7, 2006, United Nations Small Arms Review Conference.

She says the serious threat that small arms pose to human security can
no longer be ignored. She explains that the easy availability of small
arms prolongs conflict, and exacerbates poverty

"We must work harder to control the trade in small arms," comments
Okoro. "Small arms contribute to untold social, economic, and political
destruction, and act as a major hindrance to human development."


Arms: right size. Check.

6 comments:

MsCellania said...

LMAO!
I read this BEFORE coffee; so it became small arms, as in - my arms would not be a problem in Canada. I have forearms that are the envy of woman at the health club, until they notice the flabby derriere that lurks South of said arms.

This was a good one!

Trina said...

Hilarious! I read this after my morning coffee and, because I don't wake up fully until 11am, it was still iffy! Good thing my arms are the right size also!! :)

Susan said...

I thought the article was funny (I'm waaay past coffee and into wine now) but then I read PBfish's comment and laughed even harder.

EIGHT WEEKS without coffee? That sobered me up. And good for you, PBfish!

Suburban Turmoil said...

I love it! This is absolutely my kind of humor!

Sarah Louise said...

yep, my arms are just right too.

Poppy B. said...

I read it before coffee. You don't even want to know what I thought it was talking about.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...