Tuesday 30 May 2006

she's with the angles

I am woefully vague on a lot of Christian doctrine. I read the Bible one summer and promptly went into puberty (although I highly doubt one had anything to do with the other)and my teenage atheist mode, so certain things aren't crystal clear in my mind. I am comfortable having a casual relationship with religion.

This makes it hard when Cass has questions.

Last night, amid cries of "I want Panda back!", he asked if God had two hands. I couldn't remember anything that said he didn't, so sure, honey - God has two hands.

Now he wants to know how God will pet Kansas and Panda and take care of everyone else up there.

He finally decided the angles will take care of her, and amid visions of flying toolboxes with wings, (acute, right or obtuse?) I agreed.

How could you argue with a philosophy like that?

6 comments:

Joke said...

I had to memorize the Baltimore Catechism, if that helps.

Jesus, in theory, could pet all the pets whose owners haven't shown up yet, because He has hands. God the Father, not so much with the hands, but He could send as many angels as needed to effect the pet, er, petting. The Holy Spirit is usually pictured in the form of a dove, so I'm guessing that would be a way for the assorted avian pets to also get in on things.

I trust this settles the matter.

-J.

P.S. I don't think pets have Guardian Angels, per se.

MsCellania said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about Panda. And yes, all angles are covered. He can rest assured of that.

My dear old Calvinist Grandpapa died on the opoerating table at around 88 years of age. Since he was a railroad man, God came to get him in what else? A coach! And coupled to his coach was another coach, sheathed in amazing white light; full of all his deceased friends and family members, and yes, their ANIMALS! But his uncle came into his coach and told him, "Chet, you have to go back. (my mother) still needs you." and what that, he was back on the operating table, and somebody was pounding away on his chest (debib unit). And he was furious with my mother for the next 3 years that he lived - furious that he didn't get to go see Fritzy, his last dog, and his brothers and railroad friends.

I never believed in that 'white light' life after death stuff until my grandpa died. Now? I believe. And the best part is, my dear old dead pets are waiting for me!

Angewl said...

I know now I need to offer my condolences. I am so sorry for your loss.

I know you did everything to try and make Panda as comfortable as possible.

C is way too cute, by the way,

Anonymous said...

I want to believe... and Vickee makes me want to even more.

Heaven is all bubbles and geometric angels :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking kids have a better grasp of this whole theology ark than most theologians. Good for Cass!

Jeanne said...

Well, if God created them, I'm certain He can take care of them,...

He did create us in his image right? So I am assuming He'll ressemble us somewhat when we see Him. Which means, He most likely has hands. As do the "Angles". :) After all, isn't it written that we are in the palm of His hand?

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...