Wednesday 12 November 2008

quack quack

Just stuff tonight:

The air is calm and crisp and so clear that with the light of the full moon the jet contrails still shimmer. It's the kind of night where you stop and take a deep breath and the peace of the evening fills you. So pretty, with the top of the car beginning to frost and the grass glinting with stars and the long, cold pull in your nose that snaps you back to evenings spent playing in tents and picking apples and nights where ghost stories and thick sleeping bags were the only thing that kept you from freezing solid.

(I keep forgetting it's November and thinking of late September, when we'd beg to pitch the tent one more night, Mom! in the woods behind the house and carry every blanket out of the house to stay un-popsicled before daylight.)



This is what you get when you don't supervise the four year old 'writing' (Coysive writing, Mama! It's coysive!) a letter to her grandparents. Note to self: Your address labels? Would not have fallen prey to interested fingers if you'd let dinner be late.

I did manage to bust up the party before she hauled out the glitter glue. (Fear not, Mom! I sent you a transcript along with.)

SO DISAPPOINTED. My mother, who isn't computer-literate past getting emails (and has health issues that won't let her climb stairs to get to the computer AND won't move the computer downstairs because it wouldn't be pretty)asked me for a print-out of my blog. I cut-and-pasted the first year, but that was before I really got going and frankly it would be a nightmare to do that for the last two plus years.... A friend suggested Blurb.com, which takes blogs and 'slurps' them to create books, but it won't work for Blogger...there's a solution available (It involves me re-creating my blogger blog on another platform and then pulling it back) but it all seems like a giganticus pain in the behindicus. *whine* This was going to be so easy!!

The window is still tacky and not dry.
We're all on cat-hair watch and clapping the cats out of the kitchen, but it's only a matter of time before one of them decides to baptize it. Argh.


My husband is downloading (and playing) Christmas carols. For the love of Pete.

Off to bed, with the moonlight streaming over the covers.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas Carols! Already!??? Oh Lord!

Anonymous said...

It's super easy to import Blogger posts to WordPress. If you're into it, of course. :)

molly said...

Read all about your window...Anxious to see it when it's all done! Please have a delicious frosty shiver for me. It sounds nice the way you describe it, but I like my weather balmy, even in winter!

Anonymous said...

Love the coysive!

Chantal said...

My 7 year old is learning cursive and thinks its the cats ass. Funny what gets them going. You would think Google would have the ability to do that "book" thing with our blogs. Shessh, I think a letter writing campaign is in order.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

My darling husband LOVES Christmas Carols. He likes to play them year-round.

I tell him it is a violation of our marriage vows for him to play them any sooner than Thanksgiving (the one in November, not the one in October, God help me if he figures that one out).

And yet he still does it. I have promised that someday I will have someone sing to him in a restaurant WHEN IT'S NOT HIS BIRTHDAY as retribution. *evil laugh*

Mike said...

An here in So Cal they are expecting 80's and 90's during the day. It is so not winter out here...

alison said...

Rae does not consider a missive complete until she has covered every square centimetre that doesn't have writing on it with stickers.

I'm almost ready to hear Christmas carols.

Stomper Girl said...

Seriously, blog slurp won't work for Blogger? Oh no. I had every intention of doing that, one day when I got around to it etc.

Woman in a Window said...

Moonlight over the covers, um, I like this. (I just packed my Christmas cd for work. I have the best Christmas song ever for your husband. I'll send it along this weekend.)

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...