Friday 21 November 2008

blend

I knew Cassidy loved to read. He's a lot like me that way - begs for extra minutes before bed, won't go to sleep without a story, usually has at least two books on the go.

Last night, though, his math teacher said he does this lunging sort of wiggle dance up out of his seat when he knows the answer - and that it happens a lot. So much, in fact, that she tired of the sound of his chair being knocked over and gave him a big kid desk (with the stool attached). She feels he will do well in math and science all the way through school.

Really? Because I loathed math. Science was cool, but math was nasty stuff.

She grinned. Isn't B good in maths, though?



Hmm. Forgot about that. Not all those fabulously smart and funky genes are mine.

8 comments:

Pam said...

But any tiny faults that the children might have... not from you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you moved from another country. Hopefully not a warm climate! I am from Texas, but we were in Nova Scotia over the summer. I loved it then, but I think it might be too cold for me soon. I liked your story about the raccoon. We have them all over the place here. Mickey

crazymumma said...

I always amazes me what they are good at what they are bad at....

and the image of him wiggle lunging out of his seat made me think of my puppy...

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) I'm with Isabelle... Those horrid things they do are totally from the father's side.

Always.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I love that we can blame the bad stuff on our other half and try to take credit for all the good :-)

BTW- tagged you for some blog fun at my mama blog- www.multitaskingmama.com

Happy Saturday!

Woman in a Window said...

Renegade genes! Shape up!

It suprises me when my son who is growing so fast has these moments when he resembles my husband's side of the family. I thought he was all mine...

MARY G said...

The genes thing is weird, no? My older girl resembles her father physically and acts like my mother. The mind boggles, sometimes.
You sure have a handsome as well as math whiz of a son there.

Stomper Girl said...

I always think the smart genes come from me too!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...