Monday 29 September 2008

coming clear

Kyle came, and went, and except for a few branches down off the old oak tree and the tarp blowing off the woodpile, we were fine. The rain and the wind bothered Rosey, who refused to sleep in her own bed and cuddled in close. Soon there were four in the bed, and when the power went out around eleven, everyone gasped and huddled together.

Today the wind blew clean and chill and fall-ish - like the storm swept all traces of summer away and now we're ready for sweaters and hot drinks, romping in fallen leaves and the beginnings of can it really be? Halloween.

C (so far) wants to be Superman. As long as it isn't some incredibly time-consuming thing that I end up making, whatever's okay. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, no one mention Transformers.)
Rosey hasn't made up her mind - it's either a Pony (as in My Little) or Barbie. Both ideas make my right eyelid twitch and make me think I'm going to get an old white sheet and a pair of scissors and R will be going as a ghost.

Or maybe we'll give her a satchel and send her off as the Ghost of The Buyout?

No?

7 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

I am distressed. What are kids supposed to be for Hallowe'en? Everything's so disposable these days. I suggested a cat to my daughter, a sheep. WHY? she snapped with indignity!

If not a cat or a sheep, then what little one?

(We did Barbie one year. My.boring.last.minute.idea. Plus we already had loads of pink that year.)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have your power back. I was braced for a week without. Still PTS ing from Juan, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are okay and that the hurricane wasn't any worse than it was.

Anonymous said...

So glad that KYLE came and went without doing much damage to you folks. Big relief!

Unknown said...

Glad that Kyle was gentle on you.

I've got one kid all set to reuse his costume. Everyone says he looks like Harry Potter, anyway. Not sure about the other one.

Somewhere in the garage is a Ronald Reagan mask. That's the scariest costume I own.

barbra said...

I'm so glad you are all doing fine!

Sue said...

Oh goodness, it's time to get costumes ready already?! ACK! I'm not ready! I guess I'll have to sit the kids down and ask them what they want to be this year. Parenting Magazine had a few cute 'no-sew' ideas if you're interested! I've used their ideas before with great success.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...