Wednesday 21 May 2008

the kid with clown hair

Cass has inherited hair patterns from both sides of the family. Unfortunately, this means that not only did he get the *seven* cowlicks in back from my mother and the distinctive whorl in back from his grandfather, he also got my heads' habit of growing all the (thick) hair forward. Put those together? You get a young boy whose hair sproings everywhere if we cut it too short (the cowlicks asserting themselves with a vengeance) and gets progressively more curly and poufy when it lengthens out.

So, my young son with Clown Head and I went to go get his hair cut yesterday.

He's decided to let it grow a tiny bit longer (I think he just doesn't like it so close cut) so he launched into a flurry of explanations at the poor woman who was poised to cut his hear. She glanced over at me seeking permission, and I nodded.

It is his head, after all.

And he came home beaming. Of course, I think he looked like a pineapple,
(or some other round thing with leaves at the top.)

but this morning I taught him how to use a dab - a dab, dude, not the tube! - of hair goop and

suddenly his hair was all poking up, and he looked


incredibly handsome.
And so grown up.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my, Cass is looking handsome!

And he is getting so grown up.

Sigh. Next thing you know, he'll be away at college.

Linda said...

He. looks. ADORABLE! That smile slays me. The hair is awesome too. :-)

DD said...

Yep, compared to your header picture it does "age" him. He's a cutie, and I love the dimple!

Woman in a Window said...

What a great smile! And oh, if I used "LOL" i'd use it here...but i dont'...so, know - you make me laugh!

caramaena said...

Ohh he is adorable! I love his hair :)

Angewl said...

He is too handsome! Love his dimples as well.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

That is a very good photo of him. He looks great in it.

Anonymous said...

Cool post! Handsome young lad! I had cowlick challenges when I was growing up, too.

blackbird said...

-sounds like you may have tamed the beast. He's very cute.

Sue said...

Very cute! And that smirk! Classic!

Suzanne said...

Looking sharp!

Joke said...

Good hair.

Well done.

-J.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...