Friday 30 May 2008

fingers gone walking

Listening to Keith Olbermann, thinking absently: Must run down absentee voter ballot.

Stop: Have I ever received absentee voter ballot?

Realize: Why no. Not since the last presidential election.

Must: Shift arse and get another. How?

(do I
really have to go back to the consulate?)


Stare: at computer screen. Ask friendly computer!

Computer: (robotic voice) bleep..bloop..try this page, human master*

Fiddle: with mouse, read screen. One click. Two clicks. A short form filled out on-line and printed out to mail.

I'm: done.

I'm : registered to vote, far away from home.



How cool.



*Yeah, not really. But wouldn't it be awesome if it said things like that??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you get to vote! Do the right thing, regardless of hoo-hoos.
I blew up my blog today. It may not be fixed until Monday or later.
Hope you're subscribed to my feed. *sobbing*

Woman in a Window said...

HA! Crossing fingers you're not one of the rich cars my son was playing with tonight. He had two cars, one was The President of the United States and the other was his rich buddy. I had the old fashioned busted up poor car. I asked them for a hamburger and gas. They gave them to me and then laughed recklessly 'cause it was only water and a bun. Those damned republican cars!

Linda said...

Have you ever read George's Secret Key to the Universe? It's a juvenile book written by Lucy Hawking, Stephen Hawking's daughter. In it there's a computer called Cosmos that talks. Sarge and I listened to the book on tape and Cosoms talked almost EXACTLY like that! Seriously, you should get the book. It's an excellent read.

Also cool about being registered to vote. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wait a moment... How did I miss out on the fact that you're American?

Vanessa said...

This is exactly why I adore my computer!

Anonymous said...

I have to cast an absentee ballot, too, not being hone in November. Now, who to vote for......?

Pam said...

Hope your family invalid is doing better.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...