Friday 15 December 2006

two things I wonder about

The statue. What are the things wrapped around his waist like huge fingers? And why is he doffing his hat? Is he really saying 'Goodnight, folks?' Is this the famed statue of the Unknown Polite Canadian?




And now I KNOW I live in Canada....


Can you tell what this is?
That's right, folks,
it's an
illuminated,
animated
HOCKEY PLAYER Christmas decoration!
How could your yard be seasonally festive without at least two?

You can keep your ho-hum deer, or your yawn snowmen,
WE HAVE HOCKEY PLAYERS.
Brandishing moving hockey sticks to terrify carolers and visiting relatives alike.

4 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

darling, you did it again. I cannot stop laughing. I want an illuminated hockey player for my yard now!!

Canada said...

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I HATE hockey!! If word gets out, I'll probably be kicked out of the country!

Illuminated hockey players, meh!

Major Bedhead said...

But where's his toque? Eh?

God, don't tell TCBIM - he'll have you ship one down to us.

Jess said...

Last-minute Christmas gifts? Anyone?

They're marked down again to $29 CD.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...