Tagged by Erin
FIVE FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONGS
(in no particular order)
I had a hard time with this meme, probably because I worked in retail for many years and am so.muzaked.out.
1. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - This gives me chills and throws me right back into memories of candlelight services at my church back when I was young enough to have being at chapel at night feel holy and still slightly spooky. My grandmothers clear sweet singing, my mothers slightly lower tones, and the feel and scent of the wax candle in my hand.
2. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Sinatra, baby.
3. Carillon of the Bells. Magical.
4. Arrival of The Queen Of Sheba, Handel. Okay, not technically a Christmas song. I usually only get to hear it at Christmas, though, since the CD I have also has the Messiah on it. Listen to this one. Really. It's a lovely, sunny, cheerful, joyous song, and makes me smile every time I hear it. I wanted to have this one at my wedding for the recessional (My, a long time ago!) but it wouldn't have been possible for the organist to do it by herself.
5. Merry Christmas Baby - Etta James. Bluesy, fooly piano, and Etta. Oh, Etta.
This was fun! I tag Squirrel, Molly, and that furry penguin lady.
And, you know, steal! Take! Make your own!