Sunday 9 July 2006

struggling to understand

I was tucked up with Harry (Potter, that is) when Bear came to bed.

House rules: The last adult to hit the bed checks on both the chicklets and leaves the bedroom doors open. (Miss Ears-Like-A-Bat is usually dead to the world by then, and that way blah blah blah air circulation etc)

I was flipping my light out when B came back in, grabbed a flashlight, and left again, saying "I think Rosey tossed up."

He was back in a minute. Clicking his flashlight off, he sat on the bed. "Yup, she threw up. It's in her hair."

And sat on the bed. And sat on the bed. A beat. He raised his eyes to mine. "She's all dirty, Jess."

It was a few seconds before I could wrap my head around the fact that he had seen that she was laying in her own vomitus and had come back to tell me. And now wanted me to clean her up.

B is historically bad with vomit. I understand that, although I'd be lying if I said I was okay with it.

By the time I woke Rosey up, bathed and changed her, stripped and remade her bad, he was snoring. Snoring.

R is a real Daddy's Girl, though, so she took care of that. B woke up suddenly, with one of R's fingers stuck up his nose, his snurfs and snorts delighting her into giggles. He took her downstairs and gave her some (watered-down) 7-up and rocked her for a bit.

While I went to bed.


Yesterday, before all this sicky stuff started:


All hail the frog princess!
(And I know web safety protocol frowns upon full-face photos of the kids for security reasons. She looks nothing like this.Weird angle, goggles compressing face, etc.)

5 comments:

Angewl said...

awwww.. poor bug. Is she feeling better today?

I am bad with vomit, too. I let Kenny handle the bigger kids and I will deal w/ Savannahs. still rough, though.

Trina said...

Poor little mite. Hopefully all is well now! Just know you're not alone - my hubby has problems with vomit, poop, etc as well. I am the one that picks the nasty little chunks out of the laundry and rinses everything out before washing it. I am the one who scrubs down the children and changes their sheets. Ah, the life of a mommy.

Major Bedhead said...

I have issues with puke, too, but I deal with it most of the time. I would have hit TCBIM if he'd done that to me, though. At least R got her revenge. Fingers up the nose. Nice one. :D

Sweet Coalminer said...

Oh my. poor kiddo. And poor you. And poor bear. No one likes cleaning up bodily goo.

But she looks pretty darn cute in the goggles.

MsCellania said...

My spouse used to have big troubles with all the bodily fluids too. Now that he's done lots of the clean up, he no longer has any issues. Poor thing used to retch; now he doesn't bat an eyelash. You are WAY to nice.

And I'm sorry Rosey was sick. But shame on dh for pulling the 'retch card'. Next time he tries it, tell him he played the wrong card. Parenting is messy business. For ALL parents. He could at least clean up the bed while you clean up the baby!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...