Sunday 2 July 2006

holy sweet jesus

Rosey had a spectacular nosebleed out on our walk today.

There are moments with your kids where you're pretty sure your heart has stopped.

R said Mama? and held up her little red-streaked hands so I could see.

She was very quiet about it - thank god she didn't start crying and wailing or else we'd still be out there - just smeared her little gory paws all over her dress and sniffed a lot. We were farther away than we usually are, and I had nothing to wipe her face with, so it was as fast as a trip back as I could manage with my bad knee.

I've been teaching Cass how to use my camera - so today he took his first portrait of his sister. She's looking bloody and thoughtful...

Maybe not the one I'll put in the album??

And here I thought this was going to be a lazy, run-of-the-mill Sunday.....

3 comments:

Angewl said...

Poor R!! I bet your heart did stop.

Nope, not the one I would put in the album.

Is she ok?

Jess said...

She's fine - but I'm tired of the nosebleeds - I think we'll be going back to the doctor. (Because I love getting patted on the head and told this is something she'll grow out of.)

MsCellania said...

We live where bloody noses are common; high, dry and allergy ridden. It's usually my dh who has the horrific nosebleeds, but My R did once. I remember it being a very frightening, OHgodMAKEitSTOP experience. He was calm and bewildered. Blood and no pain? Strange.

I hope she DOES outgrow them, and fast. And what is the doctor basing this Scientific Opinion on?!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...