Thursday 13 July 2006

the meme of five

stolen from blackbird...

5 things in my closet

a domed glass cake set
unity candle from our wedding
three pair of black heels
a crib bumper set
a set of windowblinds


5 things in my fridge

three heads of garlic
pitcher of iced tea
limes and lemons
lemon frizzante
fish sauce

5 things in my car

childs size wooden chair missing a seat
three packages of gum and one of mints
maps
approximately 6.47 in small change in the ashtray
cell phone cord

5 things in my purse

more gum
library card
spare diaper
hairbands
an unopened MacDonalds toy (for emergencies)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to go into my closet. Too much crap. And dust.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a closet right now. (very old house - none on first floor)
-just found your site - like it!
Have a lot in common !
LOVE the idea of an unopened toy in purse for emergencies! I'm going to try that!
LOL! at cake thingy in your closet.

Suse said...

Domed glass cake set. My mind is boggling as I type this.

I do the emergency toy thing in my handbag too. Although as the children get older, a pack of playing cards works as well.

Anonymous said...

we depended on emergency toys in my mom's handbag. All the best moms have them.

Jess said...

re: cake set - nowhere else to put the thing! It held a huge amount of (ludicrously) expensive potpourri for a short time (until I got sick of the scent) and now quietly catches dust. Doesn't everyone keep huge unwieldy bakery things in their closet? No?

Goobermom - Hi! The unopened toy has saved my bum a few times from a full out kid war...

blackbird said...

I'd like to see those pumps, ma'am.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...