Wednesday 12 July 2006

playgroup

The scene: A sunlit room full of colorful toys. A strawberry blond little boy busily plays a fishing game, while a dainty doe-eyed little girl watches him and stirs rice at the sand table with her hands. A baby lies asleep in his mothers arms. A curly-headed girl flies from one end of the room to the other, pausing to thrust toys at assorted grownups as she races by. At the easel, a brunette draws steadily with chalk.

I was chatting with another mom about her new baby when I realized R was very quiet over at the drawing corner. I leaned out and saw her rummaging through the easel pocket - okay, she was busy. I looked away to accept and make thankful noises over a toy given to me, and looked back to see Morticia Addams staring back at me.

Remember the smelly markers? Remember how much fun they were?


Unbeknownst to me, they apparently taste good too. Rosey had (almost perfectly) colored her lips with dark blue, and then grown tired and sucked on the end.

It was at that point they decided to take pictures of the kids. Rosey smiled really big when it was her turn, exposing her blue teeth and gums to the world.

(And no, I didn't have a camera. I am, however, going to be getting copies of the ones the playgroup leaders took, so perhaps I'll be able to post those.)

After that, there was painting with pudding! (And R kept shooting me looks - you want me to what with this stuff? But but but it's pudding??)

Circle time wasn't the greatest - Chickie is not used to being hemmed in and sitting still for ten-fifteen minutes? I was joking, right?

But playing outdoors on the push-cars made up for all of it.

Tomorrow I'm taking my camera, and a change of clothes.

6 comments:

Cat, Galloping said...

is the change of clothes for you or the kids?!

Jess said...

Oh, for me...I can just hose her down.

And there's nothing as fun as realizing you have a glob of vanilla pudding in your hair three hours after playgroup.

MsCellania said...

LOVED our parenting place where the kids always ended up covered in muck but happy as clams.

I never remembered a change of clothing for me, either. And I started tucking my hair into a baseball cap to keep chunks o' goo out of it!

Enjoy your visit tomorrow!

Susan said...

I'm with Rosey--pudding is for EATING.

Angewl said...

hahahaha

can not wait to see the pics.

Please remember to take your camera tomorrow!

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Funny, she trys to eat the markers, but can't grasp playing with the pudding!! You must post some pics when you get them. I'm sure they are adorable.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...