Wednesday 5 July 2006

fragrant

Thanks to a plethora of chicken recipes, my family is sated and groaning. Bear is delighted we have a new 'normal chicken' recipe.

However, the real habit-forming item seems to be the rosemary-garlic potatoes.

Even the baby gets excited when she smells them cooking, and the boy cleans his plate and asks for more.

I'm not complaining, because I love these things too, but whooo - you just don't expect garlic breath from a 20 month old!!
(As my father in law said after getting an enthusiastic kiss from herself:
"What have you been feeding this child??)

Basic recipe:

Wash potatoes. (I use either Idahos or Yukon Golds) Quarter the long way so you get those nice long thick pieces. Toss on cookie sheet with a couple of tablespoons of EVOO and some salt. Cook at 400 degrees for about twenty minutes (or until they look slightly puffed and golden.) Meanwhile, make a slurry of EVOO, two or three pressed (or minced) garlic cloves, more salt and some rosemary. Pour over potatoes on cookie sheet and toss again, bake until they are nice and brown and you can't wait any longer.

Your breath will stink but your tastebuds? Oh so happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh but cooked garlic is one of my favorite things!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make it last week. That ferry is expensive! We'll be moving down in August though so lots of opportunity lies ahead. What the heck is EVOO?

Jess said...

m&co - oh, me too, but not on the baby...

lala - extra virgin olive oil can't wait until you're a neighbor!

Angewl said...

I was wondering what evoo was, too? sounds delicious!!!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...