Friday 7 July 2006

hoofbeats in the library

Our library has just started carrying a huge amount of children's movies for a two week borrowing time.

Bear saw this for the first time today. Faced with a wealth of primary color boxes and Disney cartoons, he first called for reinforcements (me) then began trying to figure out which movies we didn't own/hadn't seen yet.
I was too busy hunting around the Young Adult section for the last remaining copy of the latest Harry Potter (I can't be the last person in the world to read this, can I?) to give him all my attention, but managed to convey in grunts and nods that Cass had seen The Little Toaster and the Great Panda Adventure, and we owned Napoleon, but he hadn't watched An American Tail - and then Bear saw it and he wasn't listening anymore.

He looked lit up from inside. "Did you see what they have?" he asked, almost with awe.

Letting go of my private image of a nice quiet couples movie night (New and Improved, Now with footrubs and popcorn!) I sighed. I should have known he'd spot it.

The back wall of the library is now taken up with films. An entire ten foot section is dedicated to western movies. Bear, who is a closet Wayne fan, was in hog heaven.

Thank God I found some books. I predict a whole lotta galloping horses in the livingroom the next few days.

5 comments:

Angewl said...

ACK!!! Westerns? We have 2, thats right 2, movie channels JUST for westerns. We never watch them. lol

Enjoy your books!

Anonymous said...

I have yet to read ANY of the Harry Potter books. That woman is way rich enough without me.

Major Bedhead said...

Oh, I hate Westerns. You have my sympathies.

MsCellania said...

I don't quite know what to say but will offer my condolences.

I have a train fiend husband on my hands. Well, 3 of them, to be exact. Wait until they figure out that alot of westerns feature trains - your fate will be my fate.

My float said...

Oh dear. I loved Westerns when I was 10. Not so much now!!

At least you'll get some reading done!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...