Tuesday 10 October 2006

oh yes, it must be Tuesday...

Things were suspiciously quiet upstairs.

R had been in the bathroom too long and there were no running-water sounds, nor any of her sitting-on-the-potty warbling.

No thumping around, or squawks of outrage from the cats, or anything.
I headed up.

Rosey was standing in the middle of the bathroom floor, pulling her shirt back on over her head. When I scooped her up she...smelled mightily of....Bear.

Now, I have a nice-smelling husband, and I like that. But I'm not used to having my daughter smell like him. I checked the body wash in the tub. Cap still on and her hands were dry. Shampoo? Nope. Deodor..... Oh, crap.

"R? Show me what you were playing with?"

Sure enough, the little monkey had been putting on deodorant. And, being the enthusiastic two-year old she's about to become, she had swiped it under her arm-pits, up and down her arms, and all over her stomach.

So now my toddler smells like Axe Dry. I'll let you know if the advertising is true and we come home from the beach with women's noses stuck to her belly.

I suppose it could be worse - she could smell like Old Spice.

3 comments:

MsCellania said...

LOL! This is so funny!
My sister put mascara on herself when she was almost 2. She did a pretty good job around her eyes. But then she decided to use it as lipstick.

*touch wood* my two haven't decided to troll thru the cosmetics drawer. We may be outta the woods now.

But your cosmetics stash will be constantly rifled with; you have a GIRL.

Jeanne said...

Ha ha.

I've had kids put on perfume in my house, and make-up, and cut their own hair, and...

A. Nonny Mouse said...

That is too funny!

I don't know that I would like for Emily to smell like my husband, either. It would be too weird.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...