Thursday 26 October 2006

maybe it'll snow, and he'll forget about this

So Hallow'een's a-comin.

We've already gone through our first crop of carved/painted pumpkins (the warm one day/cold the next/rainy on weekends weather stirs up rot pretty fast) and will soon need to replace them. Only Rosey's pumpkin has survived thus far, and I think that's because hers wasn't carved, just painted.

This year, Cass is all about the decorations. And I'm so not. His big wish this year is to put one of those huge pumped-air pumpkins (or a ghoul, or a mummy - I don't think it really matters what it is as long as it's huge and Hallow'eeny)on the roof. The roof, people.

Speaking as the person who frankly thinks she has too many (damned) Christmas decorations already,(what do you do with them??) the idea of adding another holiday box to the ever-growing pile is not really something I want to do. But how to tell him this?

And if I give in, how do I explain to Bear that he's going to have to get out on the roof and secure a six foot pumpkin to it?

Methinks this is not going to go over well.

So C may not get his Giant Pumpkin this year. (cough Any year) He is, however, getting to go to at least two hallow'een parties this weekend.

Here's hoping the sugar rush will blind him to the fact that we'll be the house without the Sasquatch-sized decorations.

5 comments:

molly said...

Send him down here. He'd LOVE my neighbor.

Major Bedhead said...

I hate, hate, HATE those blow up decorations. They epitomize tacky.

Jeanne said...

I know what you mean about not wanting more decorations. I actually have three Christmas boxes and ONE halloween box so far. (Rubbermaid, a wonderful thing) The new decorations each year are always so much more beautiful than the last ones, but thinking about putting them away afterwards, well, that thought alone, if not the thought of money wasted, is enough to deter me from buying new ones.

Jeanne said...

Oh, and I agree with Julia, I also despise the blow up things. (But the kids love'em)

Canada said...

Our next door neighbours, and the neighbours next to them both have the same blow-up pumpkins. It's just funny (and it's great, because WE don't have to have them!)

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...