Tuesday 3 October 2006

and now for some snippets of story












Rosey had her first "official" haircut last Friday - a few inches off the back and the sides and bangs neatened up. She really did well with it - not so much squirming and actually stayed in the chair - and now she looks so much like a big girl she takes my breath away.
-----

Cass will be five tomorrow. Holy crap, I have big kids!

-----

I am so angry and sad about the Amish shootings in Pennsylvania. How terrible. The survivors will be so scarred.

-----

Last weekend, I made both a pork roast and a roast chicken. Then I used my handy-dandy well-travelled fantabulous immersion blender and turned the leftovers into soup - Curried Sweet Potato and Pork, and Chicken and Portabello. It's been that kind of weather where soup sounds like a wonderful idea.

----

I think the next books we read may be the Chronicles of Narnia, as Cass and I watched The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe yesterday, and he was enthralled with it. His new career choice is King (after, of course, he gets done being a policeman, a pirate, a rock star, and someone who hunts dinosaurs) and even the battle scenes didn't bother him at all.

----
Fall is settling in - time to get the wood in, store everything from summer, and drag out the woolen clothes. Think I can bribe B into doing that this year?
----

2 comments:

Lily'sMama said...

Cute pics of R's first haircut!! These kids are growing up too fast aren't they - I think that about Lily everyday!!

Anonymous said...

I had to go look up immersion blender. I have one of those that I use to make soap!

Congrats on five and the new haircut looks great!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...