Wednesday 18 October 2006

the bird in my hand flew away

I've been putting off making Cass's costume, hoping against hope he'd change his mind and not want to be this complicated thing he wants to be.

Wishful thinking...or a healthy dis-like of duct tape? You decide.

Yesterday, though, there was a glimmer of hope.

I brought out the advertisements for Halloween costumes from the paper. And gushed. Couldn't hurt, right?

He really liked the look of the fireman outfit, but then we turned the page and there.it.was.
An RCMP* outfit.
And it was glorious. Hat, coat, striped pants, the whole bit.

C: Oh, oh, look at that! Look at that! Maybe I want to be a police officer.
Me: (patting self on back - I'm sooo smart!) Sure, honey, you can be...
C: Next year.



*Seriously, all y'all State-side know this is the Canadian police, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as the younguns are happy momma just keep smiling. Halloween only comes 1 X per year. Just wait till rosie wants to be something other than a princess LOL
the crazy chef

Major Bedhead said...

What does he want to be?

Major Bedhead said...

And yes, I knew it was the police. Mounties. Yummmmm.

Jess said...

A truck. Mose specifically, his father's old pick-up truck.
I'm thinking boxes, duct-tape, some poster paint and suspenders to wear the thing with...

A. Nonny Mouse said...

DOH!! And you KNOW that next year, he is totally going to have forgotten about being a mountie (I may be an ignorant American, but I'm a well-read one) and want to be something even more complex than Dad's pickup. Good luck with that, by the way.

I'm with Julia - mmmm. Mounties. Something about men in uniform. Gets me every time.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...