Thursday, 21 February 2008

confident condiments

It was late, and I needed to start supper. Both kids played hard today.

"Mo-oom." Cass half-whined. "I'm soooo hungry. I could eat a whole dinosaur and a cow and a horse. A whole horse."

He and I have been giggling over 'The Old Lady Who Swallowed The Fly' book lately.

'A whole horse?'

He nodded enthusiastically. "Yup. With mustard."


I turned to go into the kitchen. Not to be outdone, Rosey spoke up from where she was huddled up on the couch.

"Mama? I'm hungry too. I could eat a whole Barbie. And then another Barbie doll." She wrinkled her nose.

"But with ketchup, okay? I don't like mustard."

14 comments:

M&Co. said...

Ketchup on your Barbie?!? Isn't that sort of like mayo on ham?!? Margaret

Suzanne said...

Too funny!

ZOLOFT MOM said...

She sounds like a smart girl. I would agree that the only way to stomach a Barbie (let alone two Barbies) is to smother her in ketchup.

Sarah O. said...

Somehow, I'm not surprised that your kids are funny!

Amy said...

Hilarious!

Thanks for sharing.

supertiff said...

i prefer my barbies with mayo.

Jenty said...

LMAO, that's so sweet, I like the competitiveness :)

tut-tut said...

Nice to be able to giggle and still have room for a horse!

Beagle said...

Cute! I hope you have a big jug of mustard!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

THe only way to eat a Barbie is with BBQ sauce, surely!

jAMiE said...

Cute!

Loth said...

But of course! Because improbably-proportioned plastic doll would be YUCKY with mustard!

Erin said...

Cass' comment about a dinosaur and a cow and a whole horse reminds me of a fun fact I saw on Modern Marvels a couple nights ago.

The Romans (I think it was the Romans) used to eat a chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a goose stuffed inside a pig stuffed inside a cow. Sorta like turducken but, you know, bigger. And more disgusting.

imaginary binky said...

I dare say that Barbie is best served dipped in ranch dressing. Everything tastes better with ranch. I'm not entirely sure how to serve horse, but I could consult with the French...