Monday 27 April 2009

thievery in a small town

Today was the first day of the Music Festival here - Cass sang his solo (and wasn't nearly as nervous as last year, hurrah!) and then his class sang, beautifully, and did really well. The room was full to bursting with parents and grandparents and good feelings. Smiles and bonhomie abounded - it's easier to cheer on all the different classes when you know a few kids in each -and look how sweet they all looked in their good clothes!

We left - Cass firmly clutching a Participant ribbon - and drove home. It was a beautiful day.

And while we were all watching our children, reveling in the small-town goodness of it all, a police van was pulled up to our school and RCMP officers were patrolling the halls..... because some bastard broke in and stole laptops, projectors, sports equipment, and the goddamned milk money.

I want to go into a tirade of whatthehellisWRONGwithpeople, but I think if I started?

I just might not stop.

10 comments:

EarnestGirl said...

Bad karma be upon them.

I inherited the presidency of my daughter's pre-school only to find that the previous treasurer had embezzled ALL the funds. Hot dog fundraisers, teacher funds, the lot.
A Pre-school???!

Savour your sweetness & don't let them take that too!

Yo-yo Mama said...

Like trying to sell a projector isn't going to be obvious?? Idiots.

That kind of stupidity guarantees capture.

Anonymous said...

There ARE some sucky people in this world...

tut-tut said...

I'm so sorry; I hope the kids don't discover what happened.

Jen on the Edge said...

That's just wrong for so many reasons. I'm sorry this happened.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Firstly, congrats to Cass. I have suffered 8 break-in incidents at my place of work in the last 6 months so I am also ready to rant forever.....but I gotta get going to the same workplace. Bye.

Loth said...

Eurgh, words fail me. As DD said, hopefully the culprits will be caught trying to sell a job lot of second hand basketballs or something.

meggie said...

I am always shocked at toads that steal from children. I hope their armpist become infested with lice from a thousand donkeys.

Woman in a Window said...

erg.
But whatthehelliswrongwithpeople?

Stomper Girl said...

Bastards!! I'm getting righteous with you from the other side of the world.

By the way, love the new blog layout. So pretty!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...