1. Giggling with my husband. We took a long drive this afternoon to look at the risen river levels (picture taken upstream)
and Cass was in a talkative mood. Babble, babble, babble...
I was answering questions from the backseat while R and C talked to each other and over me, enjoying themselves and laughing.
'No, Cass, there aren't any sharks in the river.' I opened my mouth to go into how sharks were salt-water fish, and blah blah blah......
B rolled his eyes. 'Oh, but there are, Jess.They only eat chatty little boys. They have a better flavour.'
2. Seeing that the young beaver behind us (or his friend - there are two now!) is making himself at home:
This makes me absurdly happy. I love that we can be so near these wild animals and they can just go about their lives, not minding us....
3. The sun. Glory be, we had a spring-like day today! We ran around in shirtsleeves, exposing our paleness to the sun and turning our faces up into the warmth.
4. Budding scientists. Mentos rockets are cooool, Mom!
Why yes, son, they are.
5. Water. And old buildings. With sunshine. I'm becoming a water rat, aren't I?