Thursday 22 January 2009

i should probably stick with the frozen yogurt

You know you've had too much sinu-tab when you catch yourself deliberating in front of the ice cream freezer

(Nuts or no nuts? Chocolate? Fruit chunks? So bored with all the usual....Hmm. Coconut cream pie. Sounds...gelatinous. And I bet I'd have to floss. Onward! Hey - since when have they had Butter Tart ice cream? No, probably too rich. But I do like pecans. Chocolate? No, Bear will get a headache, and then I'll be eating the stuff forever. I feel like a lemon sorbet. Well, I don't, but I think something cold and clean like that would be nice...)

and you look up into a pocket of silence and realize you've been mumbling

(out loud)

all of this, and people are avoiding your eye and obviously think

you're

a loon.



Sigh. I need more medicine. And kleenex. Wonder if I can get B to run to the store for me?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loons ARE our national bird, you know. Embrace your inner loon. Be proud of the loon. Go loons!

*ahem*

Next time, you should look at everyone with a mortified expression and exclaim, "What? Do I have something in my teeth? Is my skirt tucked into my panties? What?"

Sue said...

Hehehe. I've done this before. Around here though it's a given, especially in winter.

Stomper Girl said...

I'm surprised you were even looking at the icecream selection given your weather. You really are taking too many drugs, aren't you?

Unknown said...

I think that might be the reason I used to enjoy shopping with a baby. I could cover up talking to myself by making it appear that I was talking the baby.

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I do that all the time. Disarm the people with a big warm smile and a happy "HELLO!". They'll scatter like roaches.

Anonymous said...

Butter Tart ice cream? I think I need to run to the store and see if we haven't at this end of the country (probably not).

BabelBabe said...

wait, you have Coconut Cream Pie ice cream there???? here it was available for like two seconds (it's shocking how many gallons of ice cream I can eat in "like two seconds") and then it was gone.

who cares if you talk to yourself? Eat the coconut cream pie ice cream!

Chantal said...

LOL I was talking to myself at my desk today. :)

Mike said...

Just tell them your a parent and all will be forgiven. Who could blame us for not mubbling to ourselves after what they put us through...

Loth said...

We just don't have those sorts of flavours of ice cream over here. I can't decide if that's a good thing or not. I might never fit in my trousers again if I had access to Coconut cream pie ice cream!

Woman in a Window said...

It's funny (not really at all) the way the flu takes the bloggin world
one blogger
at a time
My kids are sick right now. I might as well lick 'em and get it over with.

kittenpie said...

YOU HAVE AN ICE CREAM FREEER?! Oh, wait... never mind. *sigh*

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...