Wednesday 28 January 2009

did you just call me ma'am?

Today I did something I never thought I'd do.

I never, in a million years, thought I'd be begging off writing something. Citing work and responsibilities and a thousand other things. Turning down the stuff I love for a paycheck.

I feel so....Republican. (Okay, cheap shot.)

But it's true. I've taken a leave of absence (taken leave of your senses, cries my brain, what are you doing??) from Better Than A Playdate.

Because I'm busier than hell right now, and crafting is somewhere waaay down on the list of things to do between call the dentist about Cass's teeth and schedule a pap smear.

I'll come back, if they'll have me, in the spring. Fresher, and ready to pick up my tools and craft again.

Or something like that, anyway....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Take care, and God speed!

Pam said...

I've just read your previous post. How tragic. Reminds me of when my older daughter was 4 and a 5 year-old disappeared from outside her own house, just beside the school. Her parents were just carrying the groceries into the house from the car and she was gone. This story didn't end happily. Lots of local parents were never the same again.

Woman in a Window said...

Blasphemer! Get out that glue gun and write! (but I totally understand.)

Anonymous said...

It's all about shifting priorities. Sometimes things fall to the bottom of the list. Like housework at my house. That silly housework never seems to make it off the bottom of my list! It's healthy to know when to say NO. Good for you.

M&Co. said...

I was gonna say what coastrat said. Exactly what coastrat said!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...