Monday 30 June 2008

I will hug her and pet her, and call her Lucy

Yeah. We have another cat now.

She's a smarty-pants, that one, with her long white paws. She took a flashing look around with her gold eyes and picked out the person that had no defenses, the one who couldn't resist purring and cuddling and swift lashes of her tail...

Kate and Chumba are horrified. What? She's staying? She doesn't even have stripes! This is wrong! We demand a recount!


but Bear will not be swayed. Any cat who jumps into his arms and kneads and purrs and licks his cheek has his heart.

So welcome, Lucy-Patches.

Welcome home.

11 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

See? I mean, honestly, my husband should read your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty cat!

Stomper Girl said...

Smart cats are best. She's pretty too.

Angewl said...

bwahahahaha couldn't resist huh?

Deanna Heaslet said...

Oh, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

She's cute! I wish my DH liked cats so we could get one too, but me thinks my labrador and jack russel would be severely put out by that ;)

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like my husband. Although I have feelers out for a very pretty fluffy grey stray that's been stopping by occasionally...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cat, I miss having pets. This is the first time in my life I don't have some kind of an animal. Okay well I have my husband and two year old son, but that doesn't count. lol

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. I love unadulterated affection from cats...it makes you feel like royalty!

Unknown said...

I love the cat's colouring!

Pam said...

A patchwork cat. How pretty.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...