Saturday 30 September 2006

going to catch a big one

B has a sinus infection and is home for three days.

Poor guy - I know he's hurting and sinus stuff is awful, but I have to admit...
watching him bang into walls this morning was funny.

He's on antibiotics and stuff now, so he's resting and getting better slowly, and I'm teaching the kids fingerplays and clapping songs to keep them from climbing all over his poor sick self (DADDY, the stationary object) - I didn't realize I remembered so much from all those years ago at Girl Scout camp!

Cass and Rosey looove 'Going On a Bear Hunt' and Miss Mary Mack.

And while I'm counting out the words to the songs, I'm smelling the wood-fire and hearing the giggling that went on in our cabins and remembering the terrifying walk to the bathrooms at night, where every shadow and rustle in the woods was something to be scared about.

I haven't thought about Camp Sajacawea in years.

Hard to believe I was only a few years older than my kids are now when I went there.

2 comments:

MsCellania said...

Yes, it's amazing, isn't it. And will you let your 2 go away for a week to camp? I can barely let me 2 go to 6 hour day camp. I don't know when or if I'll let them go to overnight camps. I'm a Big Chicken.

Joke said...

My two can't step outside with out a committee of supervision and forms filled out in triplicate.

-J.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...