Wednesday 11 January 2006

military maneuver

I'm beginning to suspect there's a revolution brewing at my house. The smallest native is restless.

Not only that, I think she's having fun with us. 'I'll show those idiots! Trap me in a diaper, will you?' She has quickly learned how to divest herself of any garment we put on her - the best so far has been the time she took of everything except her onesie - somehow manhandling her diaper off while leaving the covering snaps still clipped. When I went in, she handed the diaper to me, grinned, and peed defiantly all over the floor. 'Take that!'

She likes to climb. She's happiest standing at the table, jabbering orders (if only we would just understand!!) rocking her little bum from side to side. I'm sure she's practicing for when she's commanding squads of soldiers.

She has started a physical exercise program, too, sharpening her senses for that one moment when we let down our guard, that instant when we're not looking so she can dash to the great outdoors and find out what exactly it is that we all do out there.
Reconnaissance missions have been highly unsatisfactory. It's hard to get the lay of the land when you're trapped in a stroller in fifteen layers of fleece.
But someday......someday she'll break free.


Here she is, practicing her chin-ups like a good little revolutionary.

7 comments:

April said...

that's adorable... and quite funny.

Major Bedhead said...

*snort*

Is she showing a penchant for epauletted jackets in varying shades of olive and khaki? Does she covet a pair of jackboots? Has she installed a rope-climbing course in her bedroom?

Yeah, it's going on here, too. Chairman Mao Tze-Baby.

Crazy MomCat said...

Boy, do I relate to this. I have an almost 2 year old "rebel" in my house as well!

Sweet Coalminer said...

Her crib is like a sleeper cell!

Angewl said...

LOVE the pic! LOL

rae ann said...

man, they sure start early these days.

Beth Fish said...

Oh wow - I think you have your hands full.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...