Sunday 15 January 2006

as I discover I am hopelessly addicted

Y'know, I came to this blog thing kind of late.
I've always played with computers - I was the kid with three study halls in twelfth grade who spent two of them in the library. Y'know, the one the crochety old librarian liked? And let fool around on the computer all day? Yeah, that was me. But I'd never heard of blogs until about two years ago. While I was busy cooking the baby, I fell in with a group of women on a baby board. When our pregnancies were over, one of them set up a board for us on ezboard so we wouldn't lose touch. She had a blog. It was more a journal than anything, but it was enough to start me thinking about starting one of my own.
I started out on Livejournal and fumbled around there for a bit, then switched to Blogger. By then I was reading blogs through recommendations, by linking through comments that people had left on blogs I liked, by reading articles. Some of the first blogs I started reading are still on my list: Say La Vee, Badger Meets World, A Little Pregnant. My first comment was from Tessa, of Digital Home.
I am always having new blogs being recommended to me. Women from my birth board (still going strong!) leave messages about blogs they enjoy. It's a great system.
My husband is getting a little tired of me shoving him out of the way so I can get to the computer, but he'll live.
There are two competitions going on right now - the Best of Blogs and the Bloggies. Both have stupendous bloggers in them - great stuff to read and enjoy. I was a bit....well, surprised to find out that I have read most of the nominees, though. Either I have somehow stumbled upon the popular kids' clique, or I get around.....
Vote if you want to. But by all means, check the voting pages out - they have links to fabulous people who say things I want to - and do it so much better than I ever could....

And we now return you to your regularly scheduled blog....

2 comments:

My Art Garden said...

Cute kids

Tessa said...

Thank you for the linky! :P
I think I could have written this same post myself. Late to the game but enjoying the time.
I sometimes marvel at the creativity and talent some of these bloggers have; its an inspiration.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...