Monday 30 January 2006

the end of pinocchio

Cass came downstairs and got me from where I was leering like a lover at the dishwasher man this morning. (Shaddup. It's been broken for a month.) He wanted me to come with him upstairs, now, and yanking at my arm, got me up to his room. He threw open the door with a flourish, practically vibrating with excitement. 'TA-DA!'

My God, he made his bed. Perfectly. BY HIMSELF. This was no 'toss-the-sheets-on-and-let's-go' hurried mess, either. Things were...straight! And ...neat!



And Oh My God, he's growing up. Lately, he's turning into this person that is wholly his own. There have been signs all along, of course, but now...it's all Cassidy, and no one else. He dresses himself (okay, that one's not new, but he picks out his own clothes! From the dresser! And puts his dirty ones in the hamper!) He picks out what he wants to eat! He brushes his teeth in the morning without being reminded! He has opinions! A thousand little things that all mean one thing - Cass is growing up.

A real live boy, as it were.



4 comments:

Washington Crunchy Mama said...

That's so cool Jess. I can't get the 13 yr old to do that! LOL

Sounds like he's a great kid, way to go Mommy!!!!

April said...

Wow!

It must be so amazing to watch this little being come into his own and find out exactly who he is.

You must be so proud.

Angewl said...

How amazing!!!!

I am insanely jealous! Been fighting with my boys all evening to clean their rooms!!

Sweet Coalminer said...

Hold on to the minutes. This time is going by so quickly.

What a sweet guy.

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...