Sunday 1 January 2006

it's the new year, baby!

Someone said that to me last night and my first thought, bizarrely, was those Virgina Slims ads "You've come a long way, baby" with the women all sultry and sleek, smoking their cigarettes with the silent adoration of the men with them...

Yup, long way from that, baby. (In my flannel pyjama bottoms and bare feet)

Last night was fun - my father in law came out of the hospital and is recouping at my sister in laws house, so it was just family - but fun was had by all. Rosey, amazingly, was pleasant and pleasing until almost ten-thirty...at which time she melted into a sticky puddle of WhinyCrabbyBaby (now with added grumpiness!) so I missed most of the fireworks, but Cass had a great time. My brother in law (no shoddy cook!) made appetizers, and we all hung out and laughed a lot.

Today I'm cooking prime rib and roast potatoes and we'll have a nice lunch at home.
You've come a long way, baby.
I guess I have. And most days I really like this casual and bare toed me.

Happy happy new year. I hope everyone has a great time this turn around the sun.

1 comment:

Lily'sMama said...

We had a quiet night at home too - and got to enjoy some of your fireworks as well! They were very pretty! We had a very busy day today and took down the Xmas decorations :( It is so sad to have to do that but today was really the only day since I go back to work tomorrow for 3 days and Jody starts Tuesday for 4 days - I didn't want to have to wait until next weekend. Oh well, we can enjoy them again next year! We must move onwards to warmer weather now!! Positive thinking!
Happy New Year!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...