Monday 14 July 2008

mah holy one-holer

I think we could say my religious up-bringing of the children has been...spotty, at best.
While I believe I believe, I'm very literal-minded - and resist. There's also the way there is no Sunday school for little 'uns in our church, and there you have it - kids with a half-assed God philosophy. (love, Mom)
So tonight I was really thrilled to hear Rosey trilling along with me as I warbled 'The Lord Is My Shepherd' *(a la 'The Vicar Of Dibley')...until I shut off the shower and discovered she was singing about poop.

I goggled at her. You know those aren't the words, right?

She giggled. 'Mama, sing it with me!'

At least she got the tune right.



*I do, however, have a HUGE fondness for the old hymns.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great momma - daughter moment, huh?

Linda said...

Ditto me for the huge fondness for old hymns. Old hymns get me through, you know?

Heh, Rosey. So funny!

Woman in a Window said...

Everything is grand when the chorus is about poop!

Liz Harrell said...

I stumbled onto your blog this afternoon. Hilarious post.

meggie said...

This forced me to snort wine!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's hysterical! Singing about poop; ya gotta love that developmental stuff...

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...