Sunday 6 July 2008

festivaling

First, there was this:
(Rosey's first all-by-herself carnival ride!)

And some of this:
(Cass's favorite, the alligator roller coaster - huge quivering lip on the girl when she wasn't tall enough to go on)

And many other things. Including the Tilt-A-Whirl, which I was foolish enough to take them both on. No, actually, they both looooved it - I was the one whining and drunkenly listing to the side when we got off. Can we go again Mama? Can we? Through white lips: Ask your father.*

Then we came back to town at dusk and watched the world dim.

Cass is fascinated with the way the sky goes blue before night falls.
Why does it do that, Mom? Look, I see the moon! (And the moon sees me!)

Then, suddenly, there was this:

And this:

And many ooohs and aaahs later, this:

And we bundled them both in the car and drove home and the questions got slower and slower and then....and then they were asleep. Dreaming of rides that never end and fantastic lights in the sky, I'm sure.

It had been a big day.


*How the mighty have fallen. I used to love the Scrambler. Now one little ride on the tilt-a-whirl and I had to go home, take two gravol (anti-nausea stuff) and moan on the bed awhile. I missed fair food. Getting older sucks.

10 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Those are great pictures. It looks like a lot of fun.

Stomper Girl said...

Good on you for going on though. You wouldn't catch me doing it. That's the father's job, fer shure.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I am Oooing and Ahh-ing too.

Anonymous said...

I used to ride spinning, hurling, flipping rides with abandon, but now even the carousel makes me want to heave. I spend most of my time at amusement parks watching everyone else have fun while I hold backpacks, coats, water bottles...

Anonymous said...

Great images, Jesse! I don't go near any of the rides at festivals anymore, EXCEPT to take pictures! Much better that way...

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of Cass and the moon! I'm glad you had a lovely day. :-)

I can't go on those rides at all. Even the thought makes me want to go lay down. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures, looks like it was a great day. I agree I no longer can ride some of the thngs I use to and the rides I still can, not as much.

mamatulip said...

Oh, I know. I used to love the Tilt-A-Whirl. Now it makes me vomit uncontrollably.

kittenpie said...

We haven't gone to fireworks yet - it always seems too late to keep her out - but I think maybe next year we will brave it while the new one is young enough not to be locked into a bedtime.

Woman in a Window said...

My husband takes out the trash and goes on the rides at the carnival. No questions asked!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...