- found three separate pairs of forgotten boots for the boy
- cleaned said boots after play
- sorted out innumerable socks and mittens
- been the mean mom who insisted on hats
- scrubbed fingernails
- washed jeans and sweaters stiff with mud, probably mucking up (ha! a pun!) the sewer system irrevocably
- vetoed the wearing of sneakers outdoors
- made both the kidlets take two baths a day
The snow, you see, is gone (or almost), felled by a day of warm rain. This has left the yard damp, but perfect for playing in. And rolling on. And digging in.
How did I birth mudpuppies?