Wednesday 1 February 2006

gang-tagged

Tagged by both Tessa of the fabulous Digital Home and the astonishing Julia, of Major Bedhead

FOUR THINGS
Four jobs I've had:
Scheduler
Humane Society shelter worker
Bottler on a champagne line (we were all buzzed on the fumes alone by ten am)
Nanny

Four movies I can watch over and over:
Big Fish
Calendar Girls (and this is NOT the Jason Priestly thing, ewwww) but the British flick with Helen Mirren
Much Ado About Nothing
Gone With the Wind

Four places I've lived:
Michigan (Traverse City, Suttons Bay, Holland -did most of my growing up in Michigan)
Colorado (Carbondale, for a summer)
Kentucky (Louisville, for a summer)
Nova Scotia (South Shore - married a Canadian)

Four TV shows I love:
CSI - Las Vegas and Miami
Grey's Anatomy
Starship Atlantis
House

Four places I've vacationed:
Bahamas (Nassau)
Disneyworld
Indiana (Santa Claus - yes, that's what the town is named. And it is Christmas all year long.)
New Mexico (Albuquerque)

Four of my favorite dishes:
Pad Thai
Jambolaya
Lobster and/or scallops
Peanut Chicken

Four sites I visit daily:
Um there are 45 links on my blogroll right now....choosing would be awful...

Four places I'd rather be right now:
Italy
My mom's house
New York
Anywhere warm

Not tagging anyone, but feel free to play along!

9 comments:

Susan said...

I grew up in Albuquerque, and couldn't wait to leave. But now every visit back is like a fabulous vacation. Maybe because my parents' house is so lovely and untinged by kid crap. Who knows.

And I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Nova Scotia. Really!

Major Bedhead said...

Thanks for playing tag with me. :D But astonishing? I don't know about that.


GWTW? I've seen and read it so many times that it's become part of my psyche or subconcious or something. I can't recite too many opening lines of books, but that one? Piece of cake. Hell, I think I can do the whole first paragraph....
*ahem*
Scarlett O'Hara was not beautiful, but men seldom realized it when captured by her charms as the Tarleton twins were. In her face were too sharply blended the florid features of her Irish father and the finer ones of her Charleston-born mother.

I think that's pretty damned close....

Jess said...

Julia - See? Astonishing.

Susan - I loved it there, partly because it was so different from Michigan and because we spent half the time in town and the other half at my aunt's house. (She lives on an old commune up in the mountains.) Incredible, up there.

And you're BOTH welcome to Nova S anytime.

Tessa said...

Humane society shelter, huh? Did it break your heart everyday?

Jess said...

Every damn day, Tess. That's also when I became 'the girl who always has three cats'

Tessa said...

Oh man, I think I'd have a menagerie going as well.

Now look, you have 2 human pets in addition! (Ok, that was a groaner, sorry.)

Jess said...

Tessa! How rude! I INSIST you count my husband in there, too...after all, I've only had him for five years (shrugging) at least he's housebroken now....

Crazy MomCat said...

Oh, I just love Big Fish too! That movie is just magical. I told my husband recently that I wished I owned that. He's never seen it before, so I doubt he'll get my not-so-subtle hint.

Enjoyed reading this meme...

Tessa said...

He he he!
Leave it to you to turn a groaner into a tickler!

A couple of big blows

 Snow, that is. My province has been hit hard this year.  We're still digging out from the St. Valentine's day storm, and we might f...